Sunday, September 16, 2012

Observerations

Some random thoughts on everything and nothing:

  • How is it my daughter only knows 'Savalivali means go for a walk' from daycare, taught to her by her Maori and palagi teachers? Can't be because I'm a slack parent. When I find the answer, I'll be sure to let you know.
  • Doing budgets is so exciting and saving is not. If I could save money using a spreadsheet, it would be so much more fun...I mean geeky and soooo boring (yay)
  • I really dig the X-Factor (USA). I thought it would be a one-season-stand, but no, two years on and we are still so in love.
  • I am old. The hubby and I just watched 'Gone in 60 Seconds' and reminiscing, and then 'Better Days' by Citizen King played during one of the scenes ... and you're like who is that? My point exactly.
  • "Can't afford" is such an interesting phrase. You may "not afford" to buy lunch at work so you take a sandwich every day, but if someone close to you dies you can somehow "afford" to produce several thousands of dollars in a matter of days.
  • I must be Samoan, because I just used death of a close family member as an example in a discussion of financial matters. Just another day in the life.
  • 300 is on TV right now. What a wonderful educational film on history.

Ok, those may have made more sense as random Facebook posts, however the Facebook account is unavailable due to scheduled maintenance (of my mouth).

Until next time, remember you are beautiful. No, don't check the mirror, just take my word for it.

No comments: