* This post contains rants about the NZ 2014 election results, so if you're not interested, move along.
* These are my own opinions based on my own observations and dot connection logic. If you don't like it, that's fine. If you don't agree, that's fine. If you start posting your rebuttals in my comment section, that's not fine. Capisce?
* I don't actually think ALL rugby players are dumb
So the election results were disappointing.
I think the worst things about it for me were:
- The overwhelming majority of New Zealanders value money over people. Perhaps a naive and maybe inaccurate generalisation of Nat voters, but I can't help but feel that when people say that they're voting for the party that will be "best for New Zealand", they mean what's best for me. Looking out for number one. That kind of makes me feel sad. I also know people who vote for Nats because of their "more Godly morals" that will supposedly lead the nation into prosperity. Godly morals ... don't make me laugh. That's a load of white middle class cow dung that doesn't wash with me.
- All the Pacific Island "celebrities" who endorsed the Nats this election. It's easy to love the people who will help your stacks of money go further, aye brown brother. What are you doing to help your struggling people? I think you've taken one too many concussions, uce. Your moral compass is out of alignment. Didn't understand that? It means, Monique says you're dumb.
- Last but not least, I felt really bad for Hone. Weird. There's something about Hone I really respect. I can't put my finger on it. Anyway, I found it sad when he lost Te Tai Tokerau.
Oh and last thing, I hate the fact that I live in Peter
Dumb Dunne's electorate. UGH ... yuck yuck yuck ... I feel tainted. In case you haven't figured it out, for the record I did not vote for him, and he does not represent me. As Scar put it, I'm surrounded by idiots.
And on that positive, cheerful and encouraging note, have a blessed week punks. Back to the mines I go, Donkey needs more gold.