Friday, January 20, 2012

Nek minnit

What was I saying about having a good work day? The very next day the rainbow dissappeared. I received 2 major assignments:

Assignment 1
To start work as a Business Analyst for one of our new clients. It went something like this:

WorkBoss1: What's your availability like? WorkBoss2 mentioned that we might be able to use you as a Businesss Analyst at this client.
Me: Really? Now why would he say that? [chuckle - so they would think it was the IT humour talking ... but really...]
WorkBoss1: So you can start in 2 weeks' time? Great! I'll let them know.
Me: [turns monitor away from boss and Googles "Business ... Analyst"]

Assignment 2
One of our clients is a big electricity generator and retailer. There are some changes being made to the country's electricity market, so a workshop is being held next week for all market participants. I have been assigned the task of representing our company at this workshop.

My boss reckons it will be good networking. Networking!? So why on earth did they choose me ... hello, I don't even talk to the people at work that don't work on projects with or have the same cuppa-tea-making-time as me.




Checks pants. Yep, there's definitely poop there.


I think I am about to die from not-knowing-what-the-hell-is-going-on-ness. Oh my life, I should start fasting right now, and don my sackcloth, cover myself in ashes and weep. Lord, if I make it through this alive, it will be nothing short of a miracle.

No comments: