Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Doin it

This morning, as I put my breakfast dishes in the dishwasher, I give thanks to God that  not only do I have a dishwasher and dishes, but for the food that was on those dishes.

I remember all the times I complained "I have nothing to wear!" or "We're eating that again?" How ungrateful. The Lord has blessed our family abundantly. Our worries are so insignificant in the big picture, and not just in this life, but eternal life.

I write this as a reminder to myself of several things:

  • Always give thanks to God for all things. Always.

  • There are those, not just on the other side of the world, but around us, that are much less fortunate than we. Some are driven to crime just to survive. It's easy to persecute or even try to justify their actions when you're living comfortably, but I pray that I will always try to see and move from God's perspective.

  • Life is too short to stuff around trying to be a law-abiding citizen and nothing more. As much as I hate to admit it, I have barely scratched the surface of living the life that God has planned for me. Hovering on the tip of salvation is no longer enough. It's time to really dive in now. To do the deeds.

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

No comments: