Thursday, July 5, 2012

The ending of 'When Water Burns'

No, I am NOT disclosing the ending. Or any other spoilers for that matter.

But OMG I loved that part when people didn't explain the ending and all the plot twists of When Water Burns on Lani's Facebook page.

Thankfully for me, I have finished reading the book. But before I did, I accidentally read someone's comment on Lani's FB author page about some of the main twists at the end. *sad face*

Come on folks. Don't spoil it for others. The books haven't even made it to Samoa yet!! I know it's hard to contain the excitement of the revelations of Book 2, but it would be nice to allow others the same opportunity to experience those first hand. And not via some Facebook comment or Twitter update.

I am, however, more than happy to discuss and OMG with you on Facebook mail, because When Water Burns rocked my socks! I loved it. For me, it was better than The Covenant Keeper. Believe it or not, Leila has grown on me (miracles do happen). Lani, how you did that I do not know.

Actually, I will say one thing about the ending. It gave me that feeling I had after reading each of the Harry Potter books. The need to do some baking, make cups of tea, and then sit down with my siblings and have discussions long into the night, about the plot, character development, all our different perspectives on what happened, and best of all, our predictions on what was to come in the next book! And I exaggerate not. So Laura and Donna, be prepared for when I see you next month. Have your PowerPoint presentations ready, and assign the tea making duties. We have serious Telesa business to attend to.

8 comments:

Laura said...

Oh I'm writing up my seminar right now! I'll make tahs-lesses and fobeys and brownies.

and lol, why don't people write "SPOILER ALERT". I still feel nervous about saying stuff about Potter's ending in case people haven't read/seen it.

Sina Tupou said...

Oh and I forgot to mention... Simone - there are no words. Except perhaps "ah-mazeballs"!!

Lani Wendt Young said...

Ok I know Im not your sister but can I pleeeeeeaaaaasse get invited to the post-book chat discussion group? I can bring cake.

talia said...

Can I be included in this too!!!! You know me, I can make goodies...

Sina Tupou said...

Wow, all comments from super bakers. Hard offer to refuse! Nearly as hard as Sonny's choice to turn his back on his teammates for millions of dollars. Nearly.

Donna said...

Done. Book club date upon your glorious (yet brief) return next month... Baked goods, and Telesa books... It's fun, no? :D

Sina Tupou said...

Glorious yet brief return ... a sign of what's to come for Pele? Ok ssshhhh, no spoilers!!! :) Counting the days...

Lani Wendt Young said...

I am so completely serious - u have no idea. I would KILL someone with chocolate cake to be in your book bashing - i mean anaylzing session. Please dont tell me u already had it and didnt invite me.... *muttering evil Telesa curses under her breath*