Friday, August 12, 2011

The horrible truth

I received a blog nomination from the reluctant Coco Girl. In the end, she didn't have a choice...I mean, how could you not award this fantastic blog an award? (Throw up in mouth)

I was extremely flattered, then I was excited (woohoo...yay me!) and then it dawned on me. I would have to pick 5 bloggers for the award. That part wasn't hard. I follow/stalk a few great blogs that I would have awarded in a second. The problem is that most of them have just received the award, and I don't want to be a copycat, and if I did have to copy, I would prefer not to copy Sleepless or Coconut Girl, who would whoop my sizable behind in writing and my presentations would just be blah.

The truth is, I like the 5 or so blogs that I follow. I like them very much and I'm happy with liking just them. The horrible truth is, I'm not one to venture out into the unknown, and discover the wonders of the different blogging tastes out there. If only blogs were like food, I'd be throwing out the awards left, right and centre.

But (before you think I'm a complete hermit loser, which I am but that's not the point) in the spirit of the whole blogging-award-and-spreading-the-love theme, I have endeavoured to try reading a few new blogs. Some I have found to be a bit awkward to read (e.g. sex poems are definitely not my thing...I take my poetry and sex separately and not necessarily in that order). But (good but, like Pippa Middleton's) there are some that I have found to be refreshing and funny and bullcrap-less (thanks for the recommendations, Sleepless).

So, this is not the award blog. This is to let you know that I have not given up on the award blog, but that it is a work in progress. Just in case you're sitting there eager to receive your award. Good things come to those who wait (and deserve it...ha!).

4 comments:

Sita Leota said...

Dammit. Going away again now... :)

Sina Tupou said...

What are you talking about, you already got your award from Coco :)
Oi, you want to be first in class?

Go look for that poem I mentioned *shiver*

Sita Leota said...

Yeah, silly bugger that I am - I thought only the 1st person mentioned WINS the Lobster award.

What's the link?

Lani Wendt Young said...

Its ok fellow hermit, you can take a few more steps out into the sunlight...Or did the sex poem blog ruin forever your interest in seeking brave new blogger worlds!? LOL (sorry)

Hey u nevr came back to Twittr last night so my Life and Death message...basically died. Thanks alot!

But back to this blogpost, Im glad to see that you are checking out some of the links/recommended blogs. The main purpose of the whole blogger award thing is so that we can all meet new blogs. And no, sorry Stella, its not so we can see who wins it the most times LOL. This is not high school ladies, we are all mature adults here. (Whcih reminds me Bina, you havent posted any hot pics lately, you are letting us down...)

Im so glad that I found your blog via a link on Coconut Girl a long time ago. Which is exactly hardcore evidence why you need to keep checking out new blogs. Yes some of them may be lewd, raunchy,and sexdriven (and no Stella Im not talking about yours...but it does come close lol) but some of them could be as intriguing and fun to follow - as RockFob is for me.