Thursday, July 7, 2011

Foo fever

Driving in to work this morning, I found out from the Morning Rumble on The Rock radio station that Foo Fighters will be coming in December! (Coming to Auckland, that is...boo!) My well-insulated groupie heart was all a-flutter. I must go.

So I put together a quick plan for things to organise in order to go:

1. Get money for tickets, on sale next week

2. Book flights to Auckland

3. Book accommodation in Auckland

4. Find babysitter for Lyla

5a. Find a nice finance company to consolidate my debts from the above activities

5b. If 5a is unsuccessful, sell a kidney on black market to pay for debts

6. Be broke just in time for Christmas

7. Lose weight - in case I fall on and break a bogan

8. Study - I don't want to be the big brown girl that doesn't know any of the lyrics

9. Don't get pregnant - last time the Foos were in town, we bought tickets nearly a year before the concert, then I got knocked up and was too bloated and "fragile" by the concert date. It was so disappointing. Don't get me wrong, the baby was ok, and she loves me more than the Foos ever will, so it wasn't all bad. But I'm not keen for a repeat of that yay-we-got-tickets-stink-we-can't-go emotional roller coaster. So what if my 5 year plan included having more than one kid before 30...

The things we do for love.


No comments: